Media Lab Forums Forum Index Media Lab Forums
These forums are officially closed. Please direct questions and comments to the new user forums at http://medialab.zendesk.com/forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One page views badly in Firefox

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Media Lab Forums Forum Index -> SiteGrinder 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winnie18

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: One page views badly in Firefox Reply with quote

I've tried everything I can think of to fix this. One page of my site views badly in Firefox. One of the divs is pushing everything down about 40 pixels. I don't know what css file handles it. Since this is the portfolio page, I'd rather not have to go back to the Photoshop file and I don't understand why it is only affecting one page and only in Firefox. This is the page: www.galeerwin.com/portfolio.php

The problem is the #logowordsbutton div.

I'd appreciate any help and also weather or not it is advisable to tweak the CSS rather than go through redeployment.

Thank you
fotographer
SiteGrinderer First Class

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may or maynot answer your question but usually when I have an issue with things getting pushed around, rather than trying to understand it I just place a panel around the issue and it is usually solved. This does require going back to PS unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

Slade
Eric Hussmann
Media Lab Support

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the problem is coming from the fact that SG can't "see" the logo in the upper left as an actual element. It's part of the browser-background graphic, which means that the logowords-button layer is not going to have any way to position itself correctly in relation to that logo graphic.

Fortunately, I played around with the CSS a bit and it seems like you can make one minor edit to fix this.

Open the file "erwin_common.css" and find the entry for that object (should start at line 285). Change position:absolute; to position: relative;

Seems to fix it for me when I test it with Firebug.
Winnie18

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, you are a lifesaver! Thank you. And thank you for reminding me to try things out with Firebug. I was able to troubleshoot a few minor issues that way.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Media Lab Forums Forum Index -> SiteGrinder 3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: